Monday, June 15, 2009

Yet another Northway Mall store goes bye bye...

My fellow Tattlers,

I'm pissed.

Yet another retailer at Northway Mall (Shoppes at Northway) is vacating. Party City is closing. While I was never a big patron of the store, I'm pissed because yet another retailer is leaving the mall. It's so sad to watch this once vibrant mall become so desolate.

I blame mall management. When Ross Park Mall purged many retailers during their transition to become more upscale, Northway Mall management should have courted those retailers.

Hopefully something will turn around!

Working to keep you posted...

3 comments:

John said...

Sirfuller,

So glad to see there are others who care about Northway. What a great thought - the mall should have reached out to the Ross Park castoffs. I think Northway is hurt by the out-of-town management. I wonder how much it really cares about its future. I do applaud the management, however, for efforts such as the Chili Cook-off and the Movie night. Maybe it is getting the message!

Juzep Sardine said...

Northway is run down. The fricken roof leaks. Who wants to go there?

Anonymous said...

Northway Mall is the oldest indoor mall in the Pittsburgh area, and it is nice to see that it is still around. Hopefully it will stay around for a long time.