Friday, May 1, 2009

Dining Out: Kretzler's Tavern

This Tattler recently dined at Kretzler's Tavern along Babcock Blvd. in Ross Township. This is a family favorite because the food is good and it's nice to support a local business. Here are a few thoughts:

- The patrons tend to be a lot of older people, which means it is a good value. Don't take that the wrong way -- it's a good thing. And 3 sides with dinner? Good bang for your buck!

- A loaf of bread is given to tables during dinner service. I wonder how many loaves they go through on an average day. This Tattler is very picky when it comes to bread so I would rather have rolls or biscuits. However, I would love to know how much bread they go through on average.

- The men's restroom feels like you're going to the John in a castle. Very strange tiling. When you're on "the throne," you actually feel like you're on a throne.

- They offer Potato Pancakes as a side. I love those! Only other place I usually see those at is Max's Allegheny Tavern on the North Side. Mmmmm.

Any thoughts?

Working to keep you posted...

7 comments:

Mel said...

We went to Kretzler's once, and I seem to remember very limited vegetarian options. This could be due to the older patron demographic. I'm surprised to see that they have a website: http://www.kretzlers.com

The only thing I see on the menu that is vegetarian is a $3.99 house salad and a kids' grilled cheese. I'd love to patronize a local business, but we haven't been back since that first time.

Anonymous said...

We like Sunseri's a lot, good value, also on Babcock. Give lots of food, and the Tuscan burger/homemade potato chips are to die for! MMMM

Susie said...

Potato pancakes as a side sounds AWESOME. Ooooh. Want.

Anonymous said...

I have a thought, why don't you go out and eat more?

If you work this hard to "keep us posted" i'd hate to see how hard you work at a real job.

Anonymous said...

^^ Keep moving along, just ignore the troll, nothing to see here ...

Anonymous said...

^^^^you're a d-bag, you're the troll. keep supporting dead blogs....

Anonymous said...

Nice words ... just proves my point.