Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The book list...

Per my New Year's Resolution to read more books, I will update this list throughout the year. Hopefully, this could inspire some of you to read these same titles!

The changes from the last post are bold and in blue.

Book List

- "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. A good follow-up to "The Kite Runner." This book goes even more in-depth to the effect war has on the human experience. It also gives readers a different perspective of the people of Afghanistan over the past three decades. Every woman should read this book.

- "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. This is a FANTASTIC book. I haven't read any book this good in a very long time. It has vivd imagery and a touching story that will affect you for a long time after you're done reading it. Every man should read this book.

- "I Hate Your Guts" by Jim Norton. If you like his comedy, you'll love this book. There are definately some laugh-out-loud moments.

- "My Year Of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs. This was a great sociological experiment. Though the chapters were a bit long for me, I still recommend it.

- "Are You There, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. This book was very funny especially the first couple chapters. Though it loses it's gusto towards the end, I would certainly recommend this title for it's early parts. There are definitely some laugh out loud moments.

- "Too Fat To Fish" by Artie Lang. This book wasn't really my cup of tea. It is fashioned as more a biography than a book about humorous observations. Artie Lang is very funny on Stern and on the stage... so this was a big disappointment for me. However, he tells a couple sad stories which illuminates the fact the comedy comes from tradgedy.

- "What Hath God Wrought" by Daniel Walker Howe. I'm still reading this one and boy this is a long one!

- "Boom: Voice of the Sixties" by Tom Brokaw. I got this for Christmas a year ago and am still working on it. It's one of those books I enjoy reading sporadically.


No comments: