Friday, April 25, 2008

A Tuesday surprise!

Well, I don't think anyone would've said the election to replace Lisa Bennington's seat in the 21st legislative district would have been neck and neck. I personally thought Len Bodack had this one in the bag but Dom Costa pulled it out. Brenda Frazier also did good.

I think this may be a year where people do not want someone who has spent years in politics but is somewhat new to the political arena.

From the Post-Gazette:

Former Pittsburgh Police Chief Dom Costa appeared to squeeze out the victory in a tight three-way race for the Democratic nomination in the 21st state House district.

Unofficial returns last night showed Mr. Costa narrowly defeating former city Councilman Len Bodack Jr. and former Allegheny County Councilwoman Brenda Frazier.

Mr. Costa, 56, of Stanton Heights, was seeking his first elected office after a 29-year career in the police department. He was wounded during a February 2002 standoff with an armed fugitive in Homewood, and retired from the police force in 2006.

I look at this win with much optimism. Maybe Costa can get things done as someone who hasn't been in politics, although I'm sure he knows how things work as a former police chief.

If this Tattler were to give Costa a word of advice: contact Randy Vulakovich (R-Shaler), who also has a background in law enforcement. Even though Vulakovich is registered under a different party, both could work together and do much for the North Hills in addition to their perspective districts.

I wish Costa all the best and hopefully I can get an interview with him to let you all know his plans. If you know a good way to contact Costa, e-mail me: sirfuller@hotmail.com

As someone who couldn't vote for the legislative seat because I'm not a registered Democrat, I'm ecstatic with this election.

Working to keep you posted...

P.S. Tomorrow I will write about why I think the other candidates did not win...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a lazy blogger