Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dan DeMarco leaves the race...

Some of you will be glad to know that Dan DeMarco has decided not to continue running for the 21st legislative district seat. This comes after he did not recieve the endorsement from Allegheny County Democratic Committee.

DeMarco writes:

I have reluctantly decided to not continue my campaign for the 21st district PA House seat. The results of Sunday's Allegheny County Democratic Committee endorsement were disappointing, not so much due to the fact that Len Bodack won, but more so because most of the Ross Democratic Committee member's votes are among those received by Bodack.

As one blogger pointed out, if the people don't want a "party boss" to be elected, they should hope another candidate can beat Bodack. The residents should know that most of the Democratic Committee members from Ross Township voted for Len Bodack. Ross commissioner Dan Kinross endorsed him.

The Democratic Machine is alive and well in Ross Township, unfortunately it is at the expense of the residents of Ross Township. Apparently Len Bodack has offered something to people that I did not.

Likely promises of government jobs for a handful Ross Committee members and their relatives. Promises which will go unfulfilled since the loyalty of those who are members of the 10th Ward Democratic Committee rests with the chairman of that committee, Len Bodack.

The Ross Township Democratic Committee assured for the residents of Ross Township that once again, a city resident will continue to represent us in the PA House.

I'm very concerned about the prospects of Bodack being at the helm. I'm not hearing many good things about this guy and for his supporters out there -- if he did such a good job in the city, why did he not win his bid for re-election?

I'm going to get more info about Bodack in the coming days. Hopefully, I actually hear something positive about him and his prospects as a leader of the 21st district.

Working to keep you posted...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad. I appauld Kindross.
Give Len Bodack a chance. I think it is unfair to say;
"Apparently Len Bodack has offered something to people that I did not.
Likely promises of government jobs for a handful Ross Committee members and their relatives. Promises which will go unfulfilled since the loyalty of those who are members of the 10th Ward Democratic Committee rests with the chairman of that committee, Len Bodack."

Anonymous said...

Len Bodack did not do a good job in his council position. All one has to do is conduct a Google search and you can see article upon article containing information that is for the most part unflattering. Good luck to all of you who support him. I am sure you will be just as disappointed as many city folks have been in the end. It will be interesting to see what he really does for Ross Township.

Anonymous said...

I applaud the residents of Ross Township for making the thought out decision not to endorse Dan DeMarco. Those that know him best have weeded out a candidate that seems to be spewing sour grapes at best and being a vindictive sore loser at worst.

It is important that others know about this type of divisive behavior that serves only to hurt our party. I am sure Mr.Bodack will walk in the footprints of his father and serve the constituency of the suburbs while relying on the relationships he has with city representatives to help him make the best use of limited resources.

The Dowd victory over Bodack was a perfect storm and if one of any 20 different circumstances vary just a bit Bodack wins by 300 votes. For example if Peduto did not drop out of the Mayoral race in the city Bodack wins big time.

I know the work he has done in the city is very progressive and has produced results, tangible results.
Enough of my rambling but I hate sour grapes and cry baby losers.

Paul said...

"Enough of my rambling but I hate sour grapes and cry baby losers."

While I do find it ironic that someone, like Dan DeMarco, can at once recognize the harm Democratic machine politics has done to the city as well as the threat it poses to the surrounding area AND be an active member of such a disreputable and corrupt group, but at least he's got enough integrity to not just fall in line and support what he knows to be wrong.

People like Len Bodack and the Democratic Party are the biggest part of the city and region's declining condition, NOT part of the solution. They're what many people moved out of the city to get away from.

If you wish to keep the fatal poison of city machine politics from contaminating that of the North Hills do everything in your power to stop Len Bodack in November. If you live in the 21st district and put party loyalty ahead of what's good for your community you will regret it beyond your wildest nightmares.

Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true REPUBLICAN

Anonymous said...

You need to do it NOW and not wait until November, folks. The PRIMARY IS APRIL 22, and there are other democratic candidates out there.

VOTE IN THE PRIMARY AND STOP BODACK NOW !!!

Anonymous said...

I am interested to know some of the progressive things Bodack did for the city that produced tangible results. Can someone list two or three?

Anonymous said...

I've been reading the posts for days and it is so blatantly obvious where 95% of the individuals posting comments live. Hilarious! People who live within a mile radius of Rodenbaugh Avenue, and some who do not even live in Ross Township. This represents a great cross-section of the community?! What a joke!

Anonymous said...

As long as they reside in the 21s district, what does it matter?

Anonymous said...

None of the people who live in the city near Rodenbaugh Avenue reside in the 21st District. Still anxious to hear of the progressive things Bodack did for the city that produced tangible results.

Len Bodack said...

Dan,
I have always respected you and I admire your commitment to public service. The allegations that you make are very troubling. I assure you that I made no promise of jobs to anyone. I can’t understand why you would harbor that kind of animosity over the committee endorsement. We had many opportunities to address committee members and discuss issues of importance to them as well as issues we thought relevant. I knocked on every committee person’s door and spoke with most of them. When visiting with them, I listened very closely. My goal is to address their concerns (what they said was important to their neighbors and themselves as residents). I also met with Rodenbaugh Avenue residents and listened to their concerns, and promised to work with them and I make no apologies for that. My experience in government has taught me that you must be a good listener, gather all the information and do the people’s business to the best of your ability.
I also agree that many of the Ross committee cast votes for me in the endorsement and I am really honored and humbled by their support. My pledge to them and all residents of the 21st district is to work as hard as I can to be the best Representative that has ever served this district, because this endorsement is an honor that I do not take lightly.
I was equally honored to be elected by my peers in the tenth ward as their chair, but make no mistake, my loyalties are to the residents of the 21st district and that shall ALWAYS be my first priority.

Len Bodack
412-688-8778