Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Changes at Ross Park Mall...

I've been hearing quite a few rumors that a handful of stores at Ross Park Mall are being forced out to make way for Nordstroms and mall officials are courting more upscale establishments.

I've heard Nordstrom officials are demanding the oust of certain retailers that would be competition such as Gloria Jeans Coffee (Nordstroms will have a Starbucks) and a children's clothing store. Also, the word on the street is that a P.F. Chang's (Chinese restaurant) is planning to build at the mall.

I'm looking into this and will let you know what I find out. I for one do not want that mall to turn into something like The Galleria in Mt. Lebonan. Hopefully, it won't become too upscale for the North Hills community.

Right now most of this is rumor. I'll look into it and let you know.

Working to keep you posted...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross Park Mall is forcing out some of the following: The Children's Place, Hto Topic, Gloria Jean's, Carlton CArds, Radio Shack, Vitamin Worl, the Limited. A friend of mine talked to some one at the service desk and all totaled 26 stores will be forced out.

Anonymous said...

A total of 26 stores? Wow, I did not realize Nordstrom's had that much pull. I also hope that Ross Park Mall does not become too upscale. If it does, only the Steelers will be able to shop there. I may have to start going to Pittsburgh Mills.

Paul said...

"A total of 26 stores? Wow, I did not realize Nordstrom's had that much pull."

Is it Nordstrom's or Tiffany's or both?

Personally I think if the mall does do upscale it'll be a refreshing change from the drift toward the dollar stores and Aldis' that Ross has been experiencing lately.

Don't know how much I'll be able to shop there, but it'll still be a nice change.

Works At RPM said...

Just a warning- the mall is going to be VERY upscale...and it is not Tiffany's causing the upset, it is Nordstrom.

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome that Pittsburgh in general is getting stores such as Nordstroms, Tiffany's and Louis Vuitton. There are people in Pittsburgh that leave Pittsburgh or the state to buy such things and pump money into other people's economy.
Pittsburgh will never be a forward moving city without such economic growth. It is about time for a change and as a Resident of the North Hills I would love to see a lot more change similar to what is going on in other suburbs. The North Hills and McKnight are a visual nightmare to me and there is little to keep my interest here unless some major changes occur.

Anonymous said...

I like NordStrom and its quality product offers, I also find NordStrom Coupons discounts to get best NordStrom products with cheap rates.