Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm back!!!

Oh, my fellow Tattlers, I'm sorry about my absence but I have been a bit under the weather lately. Here are a few things that I've heard lately...

- Ross Park Mall is planning on getting both a P.F. Chang's as well as a Crate and Barrel.

- Old Navy is closing at Northway Mall. However, they have opened a location at Ross Park Mall and will stay there. While I've never been a huge fan of that store, this seems like it was only a matter of time.

- Back in the day, I heard that Barnes & Noble would be building at Ross Park Mall -- is this still happening?

- I went to the Brown Jug Restaurant in Millvale (across the street from Bauerstown Fire Company where I occasionally play BINGO on Fridays) last week. Don't bother, the service was terrible and the food was very mediocre.

- This Tattler was searching for a restaurant to eat at 7 P.M. on a Saturday. I ventured to Wexford and Atria's was full as well as that new Mexican restaurant which had a 45 minute wait. I went to China Palace and guess what? No wait and the food was excellent!

- The editor (Dave Titmus) of the McKnight Journal has left to do public relations for a local law firm. Another one bites the dust (this Tattler left that publication in August).

Working to keep you posted...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're gonna be giving out the low-down on area spots, at least get the name right...the Little Brown Jug in Millvale serves up some tasty, and fresh food, with really nice folks working there who are really involved in helping the Millvale community.

No it isn't a chain like all of the other places you listed, but the locally owned businesses are a part of the charm of Millvale. You will meet real, unpretentious people, and that is a nice change of pace that tastes great anytime...