Thursday, November 8, 2007

Verizon offering FIOS-TV...

My fellow Tattlers,

Now local North Hills residents have another option when it comes to cable TV. Over the past several months, Verizon has been working with local officials to be able to offer their cable service in certain suburban areas.

Those in certain area municipalities are now able to get Verizon FIOS-TV.

From the Post-Gazette:

Most people cannot order FiOS-TV yet, only select homes in Bethel Park, Mt. Lebanon, Peters, Upper St. Clair, Ross, McCandless and some other North Hills communities (Ohio Township, O'Hara), where franchise agreements between the municipalities and Verizon have been signed.


Verizon media relations manager Lee Gierczynski explained that, "While we haven't officially announced the availability of FiOS TV in the Pittsburgh area, we have initially introduced the service on a small scale in those communities and several others, since we have just a few approved markets to sell in at this time.

This Tattler has scheduled an appointment for Verizon's new cable service to be installed next week. Comcast will be picking up the cable box on Tuesday while Verizon is installing on Wednesday. I'll let you all know about it.

The service offers 200 channels at around $43 per month. If you're looking to pay a little less for more channels, this might be a good choice for you. For details, visit www.verizon.net.

Working to keep you posted...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be great... once verizon gets the fibre optic line ran to me. I live in west view. I know a few others in west view who can get it now, but I still can not. Keep us posted though.. I'm interested! I don't think this will do much for prices (ie, no price-wars), but at least having a choice is nice.

Paul said...

I've had the FIOS Internet for over a year and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's light years ahead of Comcast's speed, service and reliability.

If the TV is half as good it'll blow the doors of Comcast.

SirFuller said...

I've had FIOS internet for a year and also love it. Hopefully Verizon will offer a bundle deal much like what Comcast does.