Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A couple of thoughts...

- Is it me or do you hate Best Buy as much as I do? Especially the North Hills Village location along McKnight Road.

It always seems like there are a bunch of employees just standing around doing nothing. Also, the security station makes this Tattler feel that the electronics store treats everyone like thieves.

Is it just me?

- China Star, a restaurant at McIntyre Square, offers authentic Chinese food in addition to the regular fare. If you want to try something different, the selections are sure to please. While it's not the best I've had, it is always a welcomed change.

- For those of you who live in a cave, Thompson Run Road reopened last week. I'm sure this was welcomed by many Glenshaw/ Shaler residents as well as those living on Siebert Road, which was used as the detour.

- I had Verizon FIOS-TV installed a couple of weeks ago. The biggest difference is the large amount of channels as well as quality of picture. With Comcast, I never had a great picture and Verizon is really good.

Right now, I'm still in the mode of memorizing the channel numbers. While there are definite kinks to be worked out, Verizon could be a welcomed alternative to Comcast. Verizon needs to provide more local channels (PCNC, etc) and improve their OnDemand feature.

For anyone else who did the switch -- what do you think?

No comments: